Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Uncle Joe and Aunt Ann


…“I guess I’m lucky that though my dad came from a family of gabbers he never talked anyone’s ear off.” Art said, unconsciously laying the groundwork for Frank’s subconscious opinion of Joe and Ann.

… “Talkers, eh?” Frank commented. Art was grinning ear to ear. Uncle Joe looked like a slick city fellow; he could have graced any billboard with style. Ann on the other hand looked almost too casual; nevertheless she held the proof of her talking abilities in her hand, a phone.



…“We couldn’t get her to stop talking long enough to take a decent picture” Art explained shaking his head. “Its positively disgraceful how much time she spends on the telephone”.

…Frank found he could sympathize with “Aunt Ann” more than Art knew. Besides, maybe Art was just picky and prejudiced; after all, he was always getting on Frank about the television. It all started to get on ones nerves, as was this whole “relative display”. As if Art thought they were a zoo; that’s Uncle Joe in the cage over there, and Cousin Kara is in display number 6: “A new species of Biped – vegetarian in diet and generally a passive creature.”

…“Look Art, I don’t mean to be rude but could we get on with things? I mean, I’ve already missed my first TV show of the evening – and the next couple is a series so I can’t afford to miss them. Can I just come by some other time to finish?” Frank asked impatiently.

…Art eyes grew large and Frank felt uncomfortable under there scrutinizing gaze. “Frank you are positively addicted to the TV, I recognize all the symptoms.”

…“Don’t be stupid Art, people can enjoy a show now and then without being accuses of obsession.” Frank remonstrated.

…“Nuh, uh. I see the symptoms and you need help Frank!” Art cried jumping out of his seat. He flew to the other end of the room and opened a cupboard. Frank heard a great crashing noise and squirmed. “What are you doing Art!” he yelled. His friend continued dumping stuff all over the ground. (More proof that Art’s a packrat)

…“Art answer me!” Frank exclaimed feeling his energy levels rise dangerously. Oh no, I’m losing precious energy – expending unexpendable amounts...

…“I was once addicted too, Frank.” Art finally called back. “And when I realized the helpless plight I was in I created an invention to help break the vicious cycle. Just wait a second, here it is – I found it!”

…Art held up a strange device, Frank felt chills go up and down his spine. He started to feel faint. “Oh my gosh Art, I’m leaving – right now!” he screeched tuning towards the door. But Art was quicker than him and blocked the way…

6 comments:

SavannahLynn said...

alright you had better hurry and post again!!!And don't you dare take as long as last time!!!:)

Uncle Joe and Aunt Ann are the most decent so far,(in looks I mean:)

Great post!!keep it up!I love the way you leave us in suspense,just pleas don't keep us that way for to long!
Savannah

Robert L. said...

Very good...again. I am glad to see Frank has made a come back.

Martinez Family said...

I am waiting in suspense! Will Art's invention for braking TV addiction work on computer on computer or X-box 360 addicts? I eagerly await for an answer! :P
Johanna

Robert L. said...

Will it work will it work on people who on people who write the who write the same thing twice same thing twice? :)
Sorry Johanna that was tacky. But you were not being very graceful yourself. :) But indeed we all do await your next post Lauren.

Robert L.

Lauren said...

Well, I'm working on the invention right now. And in theory it should work on X-box 360 addicts too :)At least in the twenty-third century!

No fingers are pointed here Robert, after all , I should remember the saying about those who live in glass houses.

Lauren Ashley

Robert L. said...

Thanks. I really did not take any offense. It is a running joke with Johanna and I.

Robert L.